|Debosmita Roy Chowdhury|
- In January 2007, Debosmita Roy Chowdhury had stood first in a classical dance competition organised by ETV Bangla.
- Senior student of ‘Brindar’
Debosmita Roy Chowdhury secured 1st Division in the 3rd
year examination in Kathak dance conducted by Prayag Sangit Samiti, Allahabad.
- In Late 2007 Senior student of ‘Brindar’ Surangama Majumder secured 2nd in kathak at Arabinda Ashram.
- January 2008: Oliva Talukdar, senior
student of ‘Brindar’ stood first in the state level Kathak dance
competition organised by Rajya Sangeet Academy.
- Senior students of ‘Brindar’ appeared for the 4th year practical examination under Prayag Sangit Samiti, Allahabad.
- 29 January 2008: Students of ‘Brindar’
travelled to Mumbai with Samskritiki Shreyaskar’s production, Surya, conceived and choreographed
by Smt. Rani Karnaa.
- September, 2010: As a follow up to the Annual programme, Brindar presented the 2010 edition of Ankur, a national-level young
dancers’ platform. The programme comprised a Kathak recital by Somdatta
Banerjee (disciple of Smt. Rani Karnaa) from Calcutta and a Kuchipudi
recital by Prateeksha Kashi (disciple of Smt Vyjayanthi Kashi) from
Mumbai. This was preceded by a short Kathak solo by Debosmita
Roy Chowdhury, senior student of Brindar. The event was supported by Open
Doors Event Management, Calcutta.
- 27 March 2011: Debosmita Roy Chowdhury – senior student of Brindar and member of Ranan Repertory performs at Padatik’s annual Kathak Marathon at Gyan Manch, Calcutta.
- September, 2011: As a follow up to the annual Programme, Brindar presented the 2011 edition of Ankur, a national-level young dancers’ platform. Brindar Student Surangama Majumder presented a short Kathak recital on that evening. The event was supported by Open Doors Event Management, Calcutta.
- 16-18 November 2011: Five Brindar students (Indudeepa, Debosmita, Surangama, Sananda & Surashree) and their teacher, Debashree Bhattacharya, represent Ranan at the Handia
Kathak Mahayagya, Allahabad . Apart from attending the
daily workshops and screenings, the students perform a piece choreographed
by Debashree Bhattacharya.
- 23 February 2012: Debosmita Roy Chowdhury –
senior student of Brindar – performs a Kathak solo at the ‘Stars of Tomorrow’ programme organised
by West Bengal Dance Federation at Rabidra Sadan, Calcutta.
- 22 May 2012: Brindar senior students
and Ranan Repertory members Indudipa Sinha and Debosmita Roychoudhury
present a Kathak duet to a Tagore song as part of Doito Nritye Rabindra Swaran. Organised by West Bengal Dance
Federation at Sisir Mancha, Calcutta.
Indudeepa & Debosmita
- 23 February 2013: Vividha. Brindar performs an evening of Kathak compositions as
part of Santoshpur Chhatra Sangha’s annual cultural programme at Kala
Surangama, Indudeepa, Debosmita, Madhushree